Monday, October 25, 2010

Sadie's Birthday



After making my friend Jan's birthday cake, one of her friends, Lynley, ordered a 10 inch cake for her daughter's birthday. I was so happy to be able to do this one for her. She wanted bright pink and orange polka dots. I struggled over getting the fondant and buttercream dyed just the right shade of pink, but I finally got it. I think it turned out super cute. I did my first smash cake with this one so that Sadie could have her own little cake to dig in to. The polka dots are marshmallow fondant and the the rest is buttercream. Happy birthday Sadie!!



The Smash Cake

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I am so impressed with your cakes! I think you should go into business. Let me know if you want a marketing director! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm a dork, I guess you sort of are in business b/c I saw another one of your cakes that you got paid to make. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You have a blog?!? You are so talented, I need you to give me a lesson in fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndi - Thanks girl! You are correct, I am selling them now. It cost way to much to make them for free! I wish I could do this for a living!

    Kellyn - Thanks! I have become an expert in marshmallow fondant. I will never make any other type of fondant because it has to taste good! Marshmallow fondant is yummy! I love your new cake!

    ReplyDelete